Thursday, September 20, 2012

Public Service Announcement

To my fellow public transit users:

It has recently come to my attention that a few of you may not think that deodorant is an essential step in the getting ready routine. I am writing today to remind you that it most certainly is. There is nothing worse than ending your long shift at work with a bus ride to the commuter lot. While the bus ride itself isn't terrible, the up close and personal situations it creates make for a rather interesting 10-20 minutes of your life. Nothing says let's be friends quite like finding your body smashed up against someone else's while you both hang on for dear life. Take today for an example, full bus (not an open seat in sight and the aisle was already crowded) by some miracle I managed to find a spot near the front where I was able to hang onto a low bar (no arms up bus riding for this girl). As I grabbed the hand rail and positioned my bags I felt someone bump into me. I turned my head only to come face to face with an armpit. Sadly the person standing smack dab next to me had opted to hang onto the overhead bar and as the bus took off I found myself standing there with an armpit in my face and a cloud of body odor stench killing the air quality all around me. Longest bus ride to date.


So the next time you're getting ready for your work/school day. Pause and take a moment to make sure you are indeed wearing your deodorant. If not for me do it for your fellow commuter because it's the right thing to do.

8 comments:

BelleXRose said...

Classic!:D Really enjoyed reading your blog; keep up the witty comments!


http://bellexrose.blogspot.co.uk/

Maggie said...

I can relate. Glad those days are over. Do miss the daily hustle though. Thanks for sharing.

Naresh Jain said...

mcx tips and commodity tips services by financial astrologer
Commodity tips And Financial Astrology

Equity Tips Stock Cash Calls said...

Private sector lender Karur Vysya Bank reported dismal
performance during the first quarter (April-June) as the net profit fell
17.5 percent year-on-year to Rs 120.3 crore on sharp jump in
provisions despite strong income from its treasury operations.
However, net interest income (NII) grew by 30.3 percent.
Intraday tips

Equity Tips Stock Cash Calls said...

Private sector lender Karur Vysya Bank reported dismal
performance during the first quarter (April-June) as the net profit fell
17.5 percent year-on-year to Rs 120.3 crore on sharp jump in
provisions despite strong income from its treasury operations.
However, net interest income (NII) grew by 30.3 percent.
Intraday tips

Anonymous said...

I laughed but this is so true, I feel your pain. Now this needs to be posted on public transport.

Admin said...

Hi, I'm very POOR person lives in unsupportive family and society have a lot of ideas to work on but with this environment where I live its very hard to do that so maybe you one of the people whose can help me with donation
to donate me $10 please click the link
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GDR5WJ8XAHNE2
thank you a lot

maymay said...

Simply no handbook rotating is important, and also prada replica handbags allow the wrist watch to generally be correct. Chronographs are usually watches which usually let the person the particular ability to be able to moment activities and also process. It really is confront includes further second traces, enabling added second proportions with the saying of energy. gucci replica handbags, high-class, superiority design, and also indisputable efficiency will be the the different parts of the particular Haemmer brand name. Employing a regular sewing equipment, sew any? seam across the factors with the carrier. With an increase of as compared to 45 decades regarding observe generation skills and also wrist watch market gucci replica belts, the particular Haemmer Philippines business provides efficiently well-established alone in the field of high-class programmed movements timepieces. Haemmer timepieces are usually fastidiously created to ensure the maximum amount of eminence and also performance achievable. They may be essentially prada replica, created from challenging components which usually arise beneath the lively life-style with the the majority of the particular adventuresome person. The particular strong design of the watches is just a single top quality helping to make the particular Haemmer observe any highly valued owed for your operator. Haemmer timepieces getting offers are usually definitely to have appreciated from the beneficiary. Added to their particular interesting additionally noteworthy physical appearance, prada replica any Haemmer observe being a reward shows an individual everything you consider these.