Wednesday, September 19, 2012

my thoughts on work clothes



The day I found out I got to wear scrubs at work was one of the best days ever. (Probably because it was my second day and I still was in the honeymoon phase of enjoying what I do) When I had my interview one of the supervisors told me it was business casual/ khaki's and a polo. (Which are fine I guess. But when you're not the type to stock polo shirts and khaki pants in your closet it's a major disappointment.) So being told that I was actually allowed to wear scrubs for work was like a blessing. And what's not to love? Relatively cheap, no restrictions on the colors and it's like getting to wear your pajama's to work everyday because they are comfortable (the pants anyways). And if you're not sold yet it requires little thought in getting ready in the morning. I can now focus my attention on iimportant things like my hair and making the perfect cup of coffee. No longer do I find 3 different sets of clothes crumpled on my bedroom floor (it's hard to choose clothes to wear when you're not digging the khaki's and polo's.) Instead I simply walk into my gigantic closet and grab a set of scrubs and I'm out the door. Most days the color of my pants is not important or at least that's what I've been telling myself...

The scrubs selection in my closet slightly resembles that of a collection of Easter Eggs. Not a problem. They are comfortable, colorful, cheerful and they also happen to be very shear. Turns out that this whole time my biggest decision/concern when getting ready should have been what's going underneath said scrub pants. Hospital lighting creates for a rather show and tell situation. So when you quickly get dressed in the morning and throw on scrub pants without thinking you might be surprised when you get to work and discover your neon polka dots (most unfortunate rainy day discovery) or your glittery VS Pink Underwear with large letters on the butt are on display for the world to see.


1 comment:

maymay said...

Consequently, value go up regarding timepieces is obviously characteristic centered, which is why folks must prada replica out there cautiously. European timepieces are getting to be an extremely well-known substitute for more-expensive brand names regarding physical timepieces these kinds of Draw, Omega or perhaps Rolex. There are numerous good reasons exactly why. Initial, many European timepieces utilize physical designed motions, just like several Europe timepieces. Next, many European timepieces were created since armed service, aviator or perhaps jump timepieces -- that are currently gucci replica inside the gents observe industry. The next purpose will be value and also benefit. In case you are contemplating any made-in-Russia watch for your following observe obtain, this is a synopsis with the several leading brand names. Most of these brand names can be obtained with on the web chanel replica. They will array inside value coming from as low as $50 to be able to concerning $500. Vostok is an excellent entry way proper getting their particular initial European observe. The business continues to be producing timepieces regarding greater than 50 decades and contains created any popularity in making sound, no-frills physical timepieces in which chanel replica expense big money. One of the better beliefs inside their assortment, the particular Amfibia, retails for about $60. Due to the fact Vostok has been in times past any dealer for the Soviet Security Section, several designs inside their assortment use a robust armed service effect. They're excellent, sensible timepieces. Many years in the past Vostok teamed upwards using a Lithuanian louis vuitton replica to generate a fresh brand name referred to as Vostok-Europe.