Saturday, August 25, 2012

does david's bridal have a punch card?!

I recently made a trip into David's Bridal to purchase another bridesmaid dress. I'm what you might call a "frequent flyer" when it comes to visiting/shopping bridal shops. Whether it's a dress fitting/appt. for a friend or myself I've been there enough times to know the color palettes by heart. Since I had already found my dress out of town the weekend before this was just a quick trip to purchase said dress closer to home. I walked into the store halfway expecting to be greeted by my first name and was surprised when they actually had a hard time finding me in their computer system. And that's when it happened....laughter. Followed by the announcement that I was actually listed as Chelsea, Last Name- BRIDESMAID. And welcome to my life. After some more laughing, a joke about how I must do this a lot, and the sales clerks less that enthusiastic response to my "does that mean I get a free dress?!?" question. I decided it was probably time to just update my information, hand over my credit card and thank them for helping me continue my weekend gig for yet another wedding season.


I've heard it time and time again. "your life is like that movie - 27 dresses." To which I always say is fine as long as I too get to have my own James Marsden in the end. And by my own I mean someone equally as great - just taller and more baseball loving/beard growing/flannel wearing, etc. (Am I asking for too much??) And I've never been bother by the 27 dresses jokes since I too am guilty of making them quite frequently. I'm just always surprised when others hear the jokes and stories (like the one above) and respond with this pitiful look and/or the "that's so sad..." comments. I mean let's be honest here - I'm still a good 20 dresses away from getting my own movie so it's not a problem. Outside of the negative cash flow associated with being a semi-pro bridesmaid (-- is that skill set marketable as a key selling point on a resume?) and a closet full of dresses and heels that doesn't get out much. I think it's actually pretty cool that I get to stand up beside some of my closest friends and support them on their special day.


 






1 comment:

maymay said...

Regarding conventional collection, you may glow inside buckskin louis vuitton outlet uk together with gold confronts just like Cartier and also Rolex which can be nonetheless the most effective artist timepieces regarding people around the globe. Or perhaps no less than, the most used as well as the most economical inside the high end series in case you are functioning toward the initial thousand money. Sporting activities louis vuitton replica uk are only just what the identify indicates – timepieces regarding athletics. You should think about possessing no less than a couple of of the finest artist timepieces regarding people on this group for anyone inescapable instances when you've got showing away from equally the spectacular system along with your outstanding style on the health club. You might have several brand name alternatives from which to choose – Polar, Nike, Nixon, Timex, and also louis vuitton replica uk – and also just as several characteristics just like GPS DEVICE sensor, barometric strain and also altitude audience and also moment accurate. Which is, in the event you bypass to the level regarding in fact applying this characteristic of the finest artist timepieces regarding people having an lively chanel replica. All sorts of things that you need to pick simply the most effective artist timepieces regarding people which will be around the particular calls for of one's life-style, with the celebration, and also with the goal. Also one of the most pricey regarding artist chanel replica is not going to save from your type fake pas! Every one of these can do will be reinforcing the theory available for purchase gorgeous items nonetheless it can not acquire ageless type.