Thursday, August 16, 2012

Taking one for your team




When it comes to baseball I'm a Tigers fan. No questions, no excuses, and only a minor exception as I'll root for the Giants on occassion. They have claims on one of my favorite pitchers and they had my favorite bearded closer on their roster until he headed to the DL with an Elbow injury and TJS. Otherwise it's all love and support for my Tigs as I remain a loyal fan.

The other day I was clinic hopping for work. As I was leaving one site to head back to another I found myself leaving the building at the same time as a rather attractive gentleman coming out of a different clinic. It was one of those "glad I looked up from my phone before I walked into you " moments. (There's a reason my family calls me Gracie...) Since we both managed to avoid an almost collision at the front door it seemed only fair that we would strike up a conversation. We continued walking out of the building and into the parking lot and I discovered that we were parked near one another. So that was cool because it allowed for the conversation to continue until I happened to notice his car. Or rather his car window...


There it was, smack dab in the center of the window were 18" of vinyl in the most unfortunate baseball symbol you can find. This discovery could only mean one thing... he was a Yankees fan and like I said before I'm a Tigers fan. No questions. No excuses. And certainly no exceptions when it comes to the pinstripes ( I mean only prisoners and Yankees wear pinstripes). Unless you are a resident of New York who moved to the fabulous state or Michigan or you have a family member who a. owns the team or b. plays for them you have no reason to slap a decal on your car window. So I had to do the right thing, smile, say bye and drive away because sometimes you just have to take one for your team...

1 comment:

kerri said...

i don't get it. what was wrong with his car window? looks pretty good to me.