Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old News and New Outlooks

So it turns out I took a break from blogging for a little longer than I intended to so here's a quick run down of things/life. Graduated from college and moved back in with the parents. Started my job as a Financial Aid Counselor (seriously. I laughed a little too so it's cool)  Found a different job more in my field working at Chelsea Hospital and learned all about the joys of 1-94 commuting. Decided it was time for a different car (so long hotel-motel we had a good run but your air freshener/smoke cover up smell was getting old). Got tonsillitis a lot so I lost my tonsils (and my voice for a few weeks after surgery). Planned/attended/did hair for a gazillion weddings including my sisters. Learned that I might have a future in wedding planning if the whole hospital deal goes no where. Attended lots of baseball games including one where I got to meet the Cardinals (mainly just Ger Bear though). Quit my job at Chelsea and got a new job at the U. Bought another car (longer commute required a car getting more than 19 MPG on the highway) and learned that my commute now included an hour drive and a 20-30 minute bus ride (all for the sake of free parking).  Had my tire blow out on I-94 during 5pm rush hour traffic (holy adventure. but don't worry I handled like a pro). After that I decided that commuting really was not enjoyable so I did a little house/apartment hunting and moved the day after Christmas. And that brings us to where we are now...

I can't promise that I'll actually do a decent job of blogging again but I figure it's a new year and it's time for a new adventure so why not attempt to write about it along the way?!

 

No comments: