Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm looking at a chance that might be worth taking...

I'm staring at the contents of a white envelope full of pamphlets, forms, and a letter or two. These things make up the mail that that I have been waiting to recieve for several weeks now. Opening it took several minutes because I wasn't sure I was ready for it. But I've learned a lot lately about just doing what needs to be done so I tore the envelope open and smiled as I read. It's kinda crazy becasue just like that my direction changed. I've got a lot of praying to do, and a big decision to make in the weeks to come.
In the midst of this excitement, I took a step back and decided that it was time to do something that I've been wanting to do for quite sometime- Have a much needed, and long overdue conversation in an attempt to learn and let go/move foward. Just another step in my doing what needs to be done lesson. It's so easy to hang onto things and drag them out but it doesn't help. If anything it makes situations more complicated or weird. I've decided however that these lessons that I've learned in the last few weeks and then conversations that I've had with God and other close friends were exactly what was needed. And as it turns out exactly what I wanted. Who knew that the two were the same. :)
I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, its a feeling of peace and of happiness. Because I'm slowly getting the directions that I need as I listen more to God and depend more on him and less on myself. Things probably couldn't be any better than they are right now...

You are the light
That's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again
You are the strength
That keeps me walking
You are the hope
That keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything
And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

2 comments:

Carrie said...

it is time to plan a second rendezvous :oD

Melanie Eccles said...

hey, Chels! I found you! :)