Saturday, June 28, 2008

Adventures at the Grocery Store.


  • It is absolutely impossible to go grocery shopping in this town and not run into someone that you know. Usually someone from work or church. But every once in awhile I find myself in one of those awkward, I wish you were anyone but the person that you are kind of run-ins.
  • Distractions in aisle 13, not really a bad distraction either... I suppose you could say that I have made a "friend" during the 1-2 hours that I spend at Meijer every Saturday. I think its safe to say that I will never have trouble finding anything, if I ever decide that I need some assistance...
  • I have been mistaken for a mom on 3 seperate occassions. But the latest and probably my all time favorite was by a lady who goes to my church. There was a little boy sitting in a cart unattended ( and he was adorable) and he was grabbing at stuff on the shelf next to him. I happened to be standing near the cart and the lady was like "excuse me miss, just thought you might want to know that your son is doing a little shopping of his own..." Umm okay thanks lady, too bad he's not my kid... Who knew that I looked old enough to be a mother. At least this kid was age appropriate. The first time it happened there were two little girls and they had to be at least 5 or 6 years old. Best part was there was no way they were twins because one was blonde and pale and then other had dark hair and skin.

  • In the Health & beauty section there is a product that will "make mommy's skin look like she's a teenager again..." I had no idea that an age defying product such as this existed but bumped into a fellow shopper that did. Bare in mind this woman was probably only a few years older than I am and I thought that she looked just fine. But hey if you want to buy a bunch of "Miracle" creams and lotions that is totally up to you.
  • If decision making is not one of your strenghts, grocery shopping is a bit of a challenge. You are supplied with aisles and aisles of options. Do you want the offbrand, the store brand, or the real thing. A small size, normal size, or the economy/bulk size. And so on.

I know there are more things than this. But for now this is all I can remember.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

at least you know that you are going to be an adorable mother, as opposed to a not-so-cute one. this is like a preview...right?

:oD