Sunday, December 27, 2009

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" - Vincent Van Gogh


I recently was given a ring, inscribed with the words "be brave" on the inside of the band. The giver told me that it was to stand as a reminder to be brave/courageous in everything that I do. While I don't need a ring to be reminded that I should be brave and have the courage to follow through on my goals and my dream. It did make me think about how often I don't do these things because I'm not brave enough to commit/follow through on something, or if I am the fear of not knowing the outcome holds me back. And then I realize that I'm an idiot because it really doesn't matter that I don't know the outcome or that the task at hand might not be a success. It's about trying, trusting, and knowing that with God we'll find the courage to attempt anything that life throws our way.

No comments: