Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've developed quite the relationship with my car this week...

It has problems, and I've tried to fix them (with assistance from my dad, or rather input from him) but have had little luck. However, I'm now a pro at knowing what to do when your car overheats, popping the hood (it's broken so I kinda feel like my hand is getting swallowed while I attempt to find the latch and unhook it) climbing under the car to find leaks, figuring how to tell when it's okay to remove the cover of the radiator, or filling the antifreeze. oh, and telling the difference between antifreeze that is leaking or just water. I've decided that these are all pretty handy skills to have. Especially since my car seemed to overheat everyday...

I should probably tell you some helpful things that I learned because of this.
-they really mean it when they say "Caution: HOT! or contents under pressure... Your engine kinda takes forever to cool down.
-It's impossible to tell that antifreeze is green or blue after it has been chillin on the ground for awhile.
-Looking at the underside of your car is not pleasant. Especially if you look at the grill (I've never seen so many dead bug parts in my life.
-The whole grease smeared on your face thing... not really sure how it happens but its very attractive.

No comments: