Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not a fan...


Not a fan of Hurricanes, not a fan at all...


Being from Michigan I put little thought into hurricane's. Sure I hear about them forming, where they're expected to hit and so on. And I say a prayer for people living there but that's it. Out of sight, out of mind. While not this time. Unless you live under a rock, chances are you've heard about Hurricane Gustav this week. It's like the second biggest Hurricane of the 08 season. Currently it's a category 4 storm and it's supposed to hit Louisiana, and hit it hard. I again would normally not think a whole lot about this, however my sister is currently there. Along with her boyfriend, his family, thier home, and their farm and cattle. And while we all go on doing whatever we want, life for them as well as the rest of their town and the surrounding areas has changed. As of 12:30 tomorrow afternoon there are being evacuated from their homes because where they live is going to take a direct hit. Chances are they along with lots of other people that live there are going to lose everything. Their house took a hit during Hurricane Katrina and it's very unlikely that the house can withstand another storm. It's so crazy because I want so badly to be there to help them out somehow but I'm here and they are there. Plus they aren't really letting people fly there at the moment since they are trying to get everyone out of the storm. All I can do is pray, and ask that you will do the same.


I can't even begin to imagine leaving my home knowing that there is a chance that I might not see it again.



No comments: