Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bitter-sweet symphony....

I'm currently sitting on my bed, because that seems to be the only area of my room not cluttered with boxes and bags of a year's worth of crap ready to be packed up. As I look at everything in front of me, and think about what it represents, I can't help but think it's bitter sweet. The semester is over, another year of college is finished, and the summer of 08 is waiting to begin. I am ready to be done with this semester, to get away, clear my head, and figure things out. But I've also become quite comfortable with this routine that I have created and I'm not ready to let it go of it. Or of the relationships that have been formed, repaired, or expanded upon. Everything is different when you go home. And while I'm excited to move home (a whole 5 minutes down the road), I'm not quite ready for it. The end of the year becomes this bitter-sweet symphony because it's full of up's and down's, beginning's and end's, goodbye's and welcome home's and a brand new routine.

No comments: