Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mistakes we knew we were making...

I am continually reminding that I'm only human, I can't do things on my own, and that things don't always go the way we'd like them to.

I've been going about this all wrong. Instead of seeking God in the past few weeks, I've been seeking an answer or rather answers. In some ways it's like I'm trying to find a purpose. I know what I'd like to do, where I like to go, and who I'd like to be. I just don't know why. I do know that I've missed the most important element and overlooked some other little things. Its like I'm looking for something to happen or for an answer to appear, but I'm only putting minimal effort into. My focus is misguided, because its's not about where, what, how, or when. It's about who is there quiding me and showing me my direction. Just one of those basic lessons that seems to find its way back to me quite often. But a little reminder isn't a bad thing, in fact I think its kinda nice and needed.

1 comment:

James said...

Whaaaaat? Two days in a ROW? haha

This summer's been doing this to me, too. Oddly enough, it's my parents that keep me on track; from two hours away. Friggin weird.